Modern & Dynamic
Founded in 2000, family based immigration is a modern corporate formation that originates from the merger of three well-established traditional law firms.
Provide complete law services on Family, Divorce, Khula, Separation, Court Marriage, Child Custody, Adoption, Guardianship, Maintenance, Alimony, Dower Amount, Dowry Articles, Succession Certificate, Letter of Administration, Transfer of Property, Estate Law, Lease, Sale Deed, Commercial and Business Law, Corporate Law, Registration of Firm, Partnership and Company, Trademark, Copyright, Civil Law, Injunctions, Recovery, Damages, Defamation, High Court Appeals, Writ Petitions and Habeas Corpus Petitions etc.
James Smith CEO of familybasedimmigration® joined in legal profession as an advocate and solicitor in 1996. He is adept, adroit and proficient in the field of civil, family and commercial law From District Courts to Higher Courts of USA. He appeared in numerous nationwide and global civil and corporate law cases in different courts on behalf of individual
Our top quality
Our top quality legal support and original solutions on complex legal issues, are served by applying innovative methods and creative thinking in a way that creates added value for our clients.
For legal help, you may be interviewed by phone when you call, or advised to come in for an in-person interview, or asked to leave your name and number so that you can be called back when an intake advocate is available. Please have all documents relating to your legal problem available at the time of your first interview. If you need special accommodations to access our services, let us know how we can help you
“I was represented better than I could have ever imagined. My needs were put first and was treated as a friend rather than a number. My opinions were valued and my doubts were always reassured. My nerves were calmed and the process was always explained. [My attorney] fought hard for me. He went above and beyond and did everything he could to ensure a great outcome. I couldn't have asked for a better law firm or attorney. Thanks guys!!!”
Client Since 1995
“Boyd law firm really helped me with all my family law and custody issues. I felt very comfortable with this firm and the attorney I retained, Mathew Cadwell. The whole process of going to court was very nerve wracking and Mathew did a great job at being that to ease.”
Client Since 1995
“Matt Cadwell and his staff got me through a rough time in my divorce proceedings. His office was highly professional and responsive. Matt kept me informed throughout the process. I was finally able to convince my wife to use a mediator instead of her nasty, unreasonable, and expensive attorney and Mr. Cadwell referred us to an excellent mediator that we're using to complete our divorce. Boyd Law is the place to start in the scary, emotional process of divorce. Highly recommended.”
Client Since 1995
News & Stories
Divorces aren’t just time consuming but are emotionally draining as well. It’s not easy to end a relationship no matter how long one has been together. It can affect couples who have been together for a few months and even those who have been together for years. Also if children are involved, things can get quite complicated. It can have an adverse effect on their well-being as well. This is why it’s important to choose the right family lawyers in Coffs Harbor.
On the other hand there are several complications which can be avoided if mediation is used. It helps couples to make their own decisions, talk about those decisions and then finally come to an agreement. Visits to the court can be avoided. Plus it is also helpful on your emotional well-being. The lengthy court visits can definitely take its toll on the family as a whole. So if you want a quick and amiable divorce, mediation is the way to go.
There is another reason why mediation is a better option. This is because court visits can impact the well-being of the children as well. No child wants to see their parent battling it out in court in front of people they don’t even know. It can be over whelming for the children, no matter what their age.
Few things you need to know about divorce
- It should be kept in mind that there isn’t really anything like a quick divorce. It’s not something which is done and dusted in a matter of days. It is only possible for partners who have been separated for more than a year. Also there is a period of reconciliation which is three months. If that period passes as well then a person is eligible to file for divorce.
- Grounds for divorce need to be established. You should have enough proof to show that your marriage has broken down and there is no way you can reconcile with your partner. Even if it’s only one person seeking divorce, the other would still need to comply
- Also if you are planning on getting married, don’t just rush into marriage as soon as you get a divorce. It would be considered bigamy. So make sure that you wait around for the right time and then make a move.
- Parenting arrangements are made once the divorce has been finalized. You can choose to go for mediation or have a judge decide things like custody and visiting rights.
- When it comes to the division of assets the court always considers the contributions of both the spouses during the time they were married. These would include both financial and non-financial contributions.
- If the parents are on disagreement when it comes to parenting, the court decides what’s going to be best for the child. This is done after careful deliberation.
Make sure that you hire the right lawyer to help you get your legal rights. For more information on family law do contact family law services in Coffs Harbor.
The ability of one identifying their emotions, understanding them, and regulating them is called emotional intelligence. It also involves identifying and understanding the feelings of other people. This is one of the essential traits that every leader or manager should possess.
In most cases, people think that the employees are the only people who need to understand each other. The truth is that their employers should also understand their employees as they also try to appreciate their employers. There are so many things that will benefit from when you have emotional intelligence, especially if you are in management. The following are some of the benefits of emotional intelligence in control.
1. It helps managers and their juniors to communicate effectively.
When you can understand the people that are around you, it becomes very easy for you to know how to communicate with each other. As a manager, when you understand your seniors, and they understand you, it will be very easy for all of you to detect any change in emotions and know how to treat each other. You will also know how different people behave at different times and how you are required to handle them. For this reason, you will always be at a point of communicating effectively without any communication barriers.
2. It helps managers to be empathetic.
Having empathy means that you understand other people, and you also have the capability of feeling for them. For this reason, when managers become empathetic, they know all the situations that the people they manage are going through. As a result, it is easy for the managers to fit in the shoes of their juniors anytime they are troubled. They can offer them the help they need at any time.
3. It helps managers make sound decisions.
When managers are in the influence of their emotions, they end up making the wrong decisions which may affect their business or any other profession. Emotional intelligence in management helps the managers identify their emotions, understand them and also regulate them. For this reason, they can manage and control their feelings where necessary. This helps them make the right decision at all the time.
4. It reduces stress in management.
When you speak to most of the managers, they will tell you that they undergo stress, mainly because they do not understand the people they work with. At times even when your seniors make you angry, the emotional intelligence in you will help you in understanding the situation and controlling the anger in you. For this reason, you will work under less stress.
5. It is necessary for solving conflicts.
In case your seniors have their differences, it will be easier for you to talk to them and find a solution. As a good example, you can teach them how to relate with each other in the place of work.
The other thing is that when you understand your seniors, it will be very easy for you to talk to them when there is a challenge. This helps you to solve any problem that would affect your job as well as the output expected.
6. It encourages teamwork.
Managers who understand their employees have the opportunity to work with them. For this reason, it is easy for the employees and their managers to work as a team. This creates socialism in the place of work.
Commercial law firms are on top of the list for corporate executives. They are always on the lookout for experienced legal personal. Big businesses have to face a great many legal issues in their everyday dealings. This is why they have to make sure that they have a panel of lawyers who would help them handle these legalities. If you are looking for commercial law firm in Melbourne, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Always make sure you hire reputable team of lawyers who belong to a well-known commercial law firm in Melbourne. Commercial lawyers just don’t deal with businesses. In fact commercial law firms have lawyers who deal in a variety of genres.
- It is important to search for a law firm which has the necessary experience in dealing with commercial issues pertaining to your businesses. For example a business which is looking for help with patents should look for lawyers who specialize in this genre. Or if a business is looking for expansion, search for lawyers who can handle business expansions and all the necessary documentation which is needed for a contract to be formulated.
- Before you start looking at different law firms in Melbourne you should start by doing research on your own. Most commercial law firms have their own website. Here they provide extensive details regarding the kind of services they offer and also a list of clients whom they have helped with their businesses.
- Choose a firm which offers services which you have in mind. After all businesses tend to look for lawyers with whom they can build lasting working relationship. The key is to find someone who is going to offer a consistent counselling and advice which would help with your business. Having a team of trusted lawyers on your side is half the battle won.
- Get to know their hourly fees. Most commercial law firms in Melbourne charge by the hour. If a commercial law firm is charging a high fee, make sure that they offer services to match that fee as well. For businesses which require solving complex legal issues, the hourly rate is not applicable. Instead the law firm might charge them a monthly fee based on the services which are provided.
- Get to know what kind of firm would be best for your business needs. For example with a smaller firm you can expect a more personalized experience. In case of dealing with a bigger firm you might have to deal in a more formal setting. Whatever works well for your company should be your top priority.
- With bigger firms you can expect more lawyers who have experience dealing in different genres pertaining to a commercial or corporate setting. Whichever from you choose to go with, simply make sure they are well reputed and deliver what they promise?
Taurus Lawyers are a commercial law firm in Melbourne who can help you with the legal aspects of running your company.