Modern & Dynamic
Founded in 2000, family based immigration is a modern corporate formation that originates from the merger of three well-established traditional law firms.
Provide complete law services on Family, Divorce, Khula, Separation, Court Marriage, Child Custody, Adoption, Guardianship, Maintenance, Alimony, Dower Amount, Dowry Articles, Succession Certificate, Letter of Administration, Transfer of Property, Estate Law, Lease, Sale Deed, Commercial and Business Law, Corporate Law, Registration of Firm, Partnership and Company, Trademark, Copyright, Civil Law, Injunctions, Recovery, Damages, Defamation, High Court Appeals, Writ Petitions and Habeas Corpus Petitions etc.
James Smith CEO of familybasedimmigration® joined in legal profession as an advocate and solicitor in 1996. He is adept, adroit and proficient in the field of civil, family and commercial law From District Courts to Higher Courts of USA. He appeared in numerous nationwide and global civil and corporate law cases in different courts on behalf of individual
Our top quality
Our top quality legal support and original solutions on complex legal issues, are served by applying innovative methods and creative thinking in a way that creates added value for our clients.
For legal help, you may be interviewed by phone when you call, or advised to come in for an in-person interview, or asked to leave your name and number so that you can be called back when an intake advocate is available. Please have all documents relating to your legal problem available at the time of your first interview. If you need special accommodations to access our services, let us know how we can help you
“I was represented better than I could have ever imagined. My needs were put first and was treated as a friend rather than a number. My opinions were valued and my doubts were always reassured. My nerves were calmed and the process was always explained. [My attorney] fought hard for me. He went above and beyond and did everything he could to ensure a great outcome. I couldn't have asked for a better law firm or attorney. Thanks guys!!!”
Client Since 1995
“Boyd law firm really helped me with all my family law and custody issues. I felt very comfortable with this firm and the attorney I retained, Mathew Cadwell. The whole process of going to court was very nerve wracking and Mathew did a great job at being that to ease.”
Client Since 1995
“Matt Cadwell and his staff got me through a rough time in my divorce proceedings. His office was highly professional and responsive. Matt kept me informed throughout the process. I was finally able to convince my wife to use a mediator instead of her nasty, unreasonable, and expensive attorney and Mr. Cadwell referred us to an excellent mediator that we're using to complete our divorce. Boyd Law is the place to start in the scary, emotional process of divorce. Highly recommended.”
Client Since 1995
News & Stories
Commercial law firms are on top of the list for corporate executives. They are always on the lookout for experienced legal personal. Big businesses have to face a great many legal issues in their everyday dealings. This is why they have to make sure that they have a panel of lawyers who would help them handle these legalities. If you are looking for commercial law firm in Melbourne, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Always make sure you hire reputable team of lawyers who belong to a well-known commercial law firm in Melbourne. Commercial lawyers just don’t deal with businesses. In fact commercial law firms have lawyers who deal in a variety of genres.
- It is important to search for a law firm which has the necessary experience in dealing with commercial issues pertaining to your businesses. For example a business which is looking for help with patents should look for lawyers who specialize in this genre. Or if a business is looking for expansion, search for lawyers who can handle business expansions and all the necessary documentation which is needed for a contract to be formulated.
- Before you start looking at different law firms in Melbourne you should start by doing research on your own. Most commercial law firms have their own website. Here they provide extensive details regarding the kind of services they offer and also a list of clients whom they have helped with their businesses.
- Choose a firm which offers services which you have in mind. After all businesses tend to look for lawyers with whom they can build lasting working relationship. The key is to find someone who is going to offer a consistent counselling and advice which would help with your business. Having a team of trusted lawyers on your side is half the battle won.
- Get to know their hourly fees. Most commercial law firms in Melbourne charge by the hour. If a commercial law firm is charging a high fee, make sure that they offer services to match that fee as well. For businesses which require solving complex legal issues, the hourly rate is not applicable. Instead the law firm might charge them a monthly fee based on the services which are provided.
- Get to know what kind of firm would be best for your business needs. For example with a smaller firm you can expect a more personalized experience. In case of dealing with a bigger firm you might have to deal in a more formal setting. Whatever works well for your company should be your top priority.
- With bigger firms you can expect more lawyers who have experience dealing in different genres pertaining to a commercial or corporate setting. Whichever from you choose to go with, simply make sure they are well reputed and deliver what they promise?
Taurus Lawyers are a commercial law firm in Melbourne who can help you with the legal aspects of running your company.
Separation or divorce is never easy. After all you have invested so much in the relationship. Often people are bewildered at the mere thought and have no idea of what direction they should take. In such instances, it is important to hire an experienced family lawyer.
There are several questions which need to be resolved. The parenting arrangements, and division of assets are some of the few things which need to be taken into consideration. Getting divorced can increase the financial stress on both the spouses. One of the spouse might not have the means to look after themselves or the children, in such instances, it becomes necessary to decide on spousal support as well. Only the right family lawyer in Darwin could help make the whole process much simpler.
When hiring a family lawyer in Darwin, make sure to keep the following things in mind:
- Before you book a lawyer make sure you check out the different family lawyers practicing in Darwin. You need to ensure that they have experience working in family law. You may even ask for friends or family members for referrals. Someone who might have been in a situation similar to yours is often the best guide.
- Do consider their areas of practice. There are some lawyers who deal exclusively in family law and then there are some who practice it as only one of their various practice areas.
- Their experience is also one thing which should be considered. Someone who has dealt exclusively with family law for years is better equipped with handing your case and ensuring that you come out of the whole situation in a better way.
- Also ensure that you know the rate which the lawyer charges. While some charge on an hourly basis, other lawyers might charge a fee once the case is concluded. No matter what their mode of payment is, it should be in keeping with your budget. Make sure you talk to three or four family lawyers to get a better idea of how things would be handled and how much you would be paying.
- Once you have met a lawyer and agreed on their free, you would be called for an initial consultation. At this time the lawyer would present you with a written retainer agreement. This agreement would consist of the services which the lawyer would be providing you. Make sure you read the agreement carefully before signing.
- Understand their billing practice. As mentioned you could be charged on an hourly basis or once at the beginning and then at the end of the case. Just keep in mind that the lawyer should be able to provide you with the account statement when you make the required payments to avoid any problems.
- You should feel a certain compatibility with your lawyer. Someone whom you are comfortable discussing your issues. Also ensure that all your financial documents and other relevant documents are in order. You may be asked to bring a copy of all these to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
Get in touch with Grays Legal’s family lawyers in Darwin. They are experts in family law, and they can definitely help you navigate the legal process with ease and confidence.
Perhaps one of the scariest experiences a person can ever experience is entering the criminal justice system. Beginning a legal battle can easily make one feel lost at sea without a lifebuoy to hold on to. The trauma of the arrest, the legal jargon, and the daunting fees can make you feel overwhelmed.
While you’re tempted to bring in a whole phalanx of lawyers to do battle on your behalf, it will not always work to your advantage. If you happen to live in the Gold Coast, maybe it’s time to think about putting your legal problems in the hands of small law firms in Gold Coast.
Benefits of opting for Small Law Firms
For criminal cases, success in the courtroom can be brought about by the personal interaction and level of devotion provided by smaller law firms. Here are some reasons why better results are with the smaller law firms:
Better Service and Personalised Relationships
One of the most crucial decisions you’ll ever make is the choice of a law firm. An expert is not the only thing that counts. The thing that counts most is your choice of the men and women you expect and trust to protect you. Doing business with smaller law firms establishes personalised relationships between lawyer and client. Lawyers knowing more about the case of their client have a better perspective to protect him or her accordingly.
More time for one-on-one interactions
The high-stress cases handled by larger firms at the same time often result in serious downtime with their clients. Their army of lawyers is far too busy doing research work for them to present a solid defence for every case that walks in their door. This often results in client neglect.
With smaller firms, the personal touch is easily felt by clients. Taking time to confer, fight, and strategise about each case are practices few large firms can hope to match.
Select and Dedicated Lawyers
The troop of lawyers seen in large law firms is their main advantage. However, this will not work in personal criminal defence. It’s not an uncommon practice in large firms to pass cases to be handled at different stages by different lawyers.
Smaller firms assign a select group of lawyers to handle your case. These lawyers Gold Coast will be with you every step of the way. This allows them to have a fuller grasp on the complexities of your case to ultimately work for a successful culmination.
The name recognition seems to be always with the bigger firms. Yet, what matters most at the end of the day is the significant reputation small firms have over their clients. Not only do small firm establish strong client rapport, but relationship within their community is also deeper. This means that lawyers in smaller firms have stronger and personal relationships with prosecutors, judges, and DAs. How can this become advantageous to your case? Your case achieves a focused path, better deals, and finely-tuned court strategies.
Small firms carefully treat the case of their client with the attention they expect. Their commitment to their clients has no time limit. They are always ready to assist their clients during times when it’s needed the most. For small law firms, every life is precious and special.