Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 2 - NATIONAL VISA CENTER > NVC General Discussion - Stage 2 > I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

NVC - NVC inquiry

I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa

Old 09-09-10, 01:19 AM   #1

Residence: Philippines
Consulate: Philippines:Manila
Filed for: IV

Filed with: CSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 9
Thumbs Up 0 Times in 0 Posts
NVC - NVC inquiry

Good day to everyone!

How long does it take for NVC to reply to an inquiry? any information you can give will be highly appreciated..Thank you and GOD BLESS!
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 09-09-10, 01:26 AM   #2

Residence: usa
Consulate: pakistan
Preference: F4

Filed with: VSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 4
Thumbs Up 3 Times in 3 Posts
Atleast 10 days.
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to fjabeen For This Useful Post:
john77149 (09-09-10)

Old 09-09-10, 02:46 AM   #3

Residence: PHILIPPINES
Consulate: MANILA
Preference: F2
Priority Date: 11/25/2002

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 37
Thumbs Up 100 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john77149 View Post
Good day to everyone!

How long does it take for NVC to reply to an inquiry? any information you can give will be highly appreciated..Thank you and GOD BLESS!

IT would be better if you call them. That way your not wasting your time waiting for their response if your gonna email them. You can ask everything you want to know about your case. Its always better to talk to a live person. Email response from NVC is not really reliable when it comes to inquiry and you may find some of your questions unanswered.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 09-09-10, 09:11 AM   #4

Residence: Philippines
Consulate: Philippines:Manila

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 9
Thumbs Up 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you all for your responses. Appreciate it very much. By the way, do you have any info about the number (NVC) which I can call? Or can I call the US Embassy in Manila to inquire about my case?
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 09-09-10, 10:04 AM   #5

Residence: PHILIPPINES
Consulate: MANILA
Preference: F2
Priority Date: 11/25/2002

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 37
Thumbs Up 100 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john77149 View Post
thank you all for your responses. Appreciate it very much. By the way, do you have any info about the number (NVC) which I can call? Or can I call the US Embassy in Manila to inquire about my case?

If you have specific questions about a case, please contact the NVC. The preferred method of communication is e-mail.

E-mail The NVC's e-mail address is nvcinquiry@state.gov.

In order to ensure a prompt response:
- Enter your case number in the Subject Line of the e-mail.
- Include the applicant's name and date of birth, and the petitioner's name and date of
birth in the body of the e-mail.
- If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organization name.
- Ask about only one case per e-mail.

24 Hour Information

An automated recorded message system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer case status inquiries (603-334-0700). Customer Customer Service Representatives are available to respond to inquiries Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00AM Eastern Standard Time (EST) (603-334-0700).

Postal Mail National Visa Center
Attn: WC
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

When contacting the National Visa Center about an immigrant visa case, always include the following information:
Name of Principal Applicant
Principal Applicant's Date of Birth
Name of Petitioner
Petitioner's Date of Birth
Case Number

You cant call Usem Manila because they dont have your case. You dont even know if your case is still active or close. Call NVC now so you'll have answer to your questions.
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to lynie12 For This Useful Post:
john77149 (09-10-10)

Old 09-09-10, 08:10 PM   #6

Residence: Pakistan
Consulate: Islamabad
Preference: F4
Priority Date: 03/26/2002
Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 74
Thumbs Up 32 Times in 20 Posts
12 days
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to zainsaleem For This Useful Post:
john77149 (09-10-10)

Old 09-13-10, 04:59 AM   #7

Residence: Pakistan
Consulate: Islamabad, Pakistan

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
Thumbs Up 14 Times in 8 Posts
I have had several email correspondences with NVC over the past couple of months. My experience with them has been rather pleasant so far *touchwood*. They have always taken somewhere between 7-10 days to reply to the email.
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to monisriz For This Useful Post:
john77149 (09-13-10)

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 2 - NATIONAL VISA CENTER > NVC General Discussion - Stage 2 > I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1320 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.