Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.
Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes
Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)
|03-05-09, 11:15 AM||#1|
Joined: 22 Dec 2006Residence: USA
Filed for: Other
Filed with: TSC
Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 759
Thumbs Up 813 Times in 522 Posts
221g - Administrative Processing Frequently Asked Questions
Administrative Processing Frequently Asked Questions
• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.
• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.
• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.
• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,
Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,
Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,
Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,
Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,
and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/articles/ABIL%20...0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.
• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.
• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.
Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225
• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.
• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.
Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP.
|The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to mary_mj4mj For This Useful Post:||
aaljbour (05-17-12), Alikhan (03-06-09), DebbyNSeyi (10-04-09), donddon (03-22-11), drbdanish (05-24-10), faisalloe (02-21-10), genzeb (06-25-10), Hydro (03-06-09), jamil4ever (05-24-12), jawed (01-17-12), jonaya36 (12-10-12), Kamran (03-06-09), kute (03-06-09), Lady Hawk (03-05-09), lusttysvol (05-22-09), MARK HUSSEIN (05-04-10), medo2010 (01-31-10), missmile2009 (02-11-10), mixchel (03-06-09), MoJo14 (12-02-10), MubashirMohdva (02-04-11), Pakigal (03-05-09), plk20 (05-01-09), pni1500 (03-22-13), Raven (03-05-09), Razi (03-17-11), reza21 (09-30-10), samir90 (02-10-13), sea_breezeboy (06-30-10), shakeel (04-30-09), shakeel.haider5 (09-30-10), smur (09-17-12), stranger_rocks21 (01-22-11), swtmanoo (03-05-09), Tahir javed (03-06-09), tanvir103575 (12-21-09), Tomkat (10-12-09), trekker786 (03-05-09), tstas114 (09-16-09), vanessaandbrent (03-06-09), waiting4him (03-26-09), waleedkb (08-03-09), Wasimshrs (12-28-09), Wassim (01-11-12), zubair83 (04-29-10)
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|221g - FBI National Name Check Program—Frequently Asked Questions||trekker786||221g Administrative Processing||0||12-15-08 07:32 AM|
|NVC - What questions are asked @ interview||janine||I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa||0||08-14-08 03:04 AM|
|Nigeria - Questions asked at interview||Datweetsta||Interview, Medical & Police Certificates||3||02-03-08 02:13 PM|
|221g - Administrative Review and/or Administrative Processing||mary_mj4mj||221g Administrative Processing||0||12-24-06 05:50 PM|