Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 1 - USCIS SERVICE CENTERS > USCIS General Discussion - Stage 1 > I-130 Only - USC, LPR, Family Preferences - for IV
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

I-130 LPR - Change Status

I-130 Only - USC, LPR, Family Preferences - for IV

Old 05-06-08, 11:44 PM   #1

Residence: USA
Consulate: Guangzhou, China
Filed for: K-3

Filed with: CSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
Thumbs Up 0 Times in 0 Posts
I-130 LPR - Change Status

I filed I-130 for my wife last year while I was a LPR. I recently become a US citizen. How do I change my status with USCIS about my I-130? Will this change the processing time of I-130? Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-07-08, 12:28 AM   #2

Status changed. What's next?

I filed I-130 last year as a PR for my wife. I recently become a USC. What I should do about the I-130? I was told I could call USCIS to change my status and then file I-129F.
What will USCIS need for status change, the copy of Naturalization Certificate? Will I get a new NOA (I-797C) for the I-130? When can I start filing 1-129F?
Thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-07-08, 05:29 AM   #3
Star Member

Consulate: London, UK
Filed for: K-1

Filed with: VSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 42
Thumbs Up 83 Times in 59 Posts
I found an old thread relating to this in another forum. http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho....php?p=1867522

Hope it helps!
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-07-08, 12:57 PM   #4
Diamond Member

Residence: usa
Consulate: none
Filed for: Other

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 479
Thumbs Up 1,457 Times in 987 Posts
Congratulations on your naturalization!

From the National Visa Center FAQs:

When I filed a petition for my relative I was a legal permanent resident (green card holder). I recently became a U.S. citizen. How can I upgrade the petition?

Please make a copy of your Naturalization Certificate. Send the copy - NOT the original - to the NVC with a letter containing the beneficiary name and case number of the petition you want to upgrade.

Please see the NVC’s contact information.

(see linked page)
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-07-08, 10:29 PM   #5

Thank you all for the info. My case is little different in that my I-130 is still pending at CSC (and I think USCIS has not started processing it until the priority date is reached). So I want to change my status and hope USCIS will begin to process my I-130.
  Reply With Quote Top

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 1 - USCIS SERVICE CENTERS > USCIS General Discussion - Stage 1 > I-130 Only - USC, LPR, Family Preferences - for IV

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2178 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.