US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

I864 Sponsor and Joint Sponsor questions 8 and 9

imike1981
10-11-10, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I am the petitioner for an F3 visa (Daughter + Spouse + 5 Children).
My income does not meet the poverty guidelines so I will have my son(lives outside of household) who is a USC fill one out as well to be a joint sponsor.

Please correct me if I am wrong:
-----------------------
QUESTION 1:
-----------------------
- I(petitioner) will have to fill out an I864.(No need for my wife to fill out an I864A because only my income will be counted as she's unemployed)
- My son(only joint sponsor) will have to fill out an I864.(No need for his spouse to fill out an I864A because only his income will be counted as she's unemployed)
?
-----------------------
QUESTION 2:
-----------------------
The joint sponsor will sponsor everyone who's immigrating as his income is 100K+. However I am unclear on the following fields:

8. I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above.
9. I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above. Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.

Here's how I answered them on the respective i864s.

Petitioner's I864: (Total # sponsored = 7)
8. Checked off the box and checked off YES.
9. Checked off box and listed spouse + 5 children)
Joint Sponsor's I864: (Total # sponsored = 7)

Basically the same for both I864s. Am I correct in doing so?
-----------------------
QUESTION 3:
-----------------------
In the instructions it states to photocopy the I864 for each intending immigrant as per paragraph 3 in the "Do I Need to Submit a Separate Affidavit for Each Family Member?" question.

Daughter + 6 derivative immigrants.

(Petitioner to make 6 copies + original) + (Joint Sponsor to make 6 copies + original) = a total of 12 I864s
- Only 1 copy of supporting documents needed(tax, passport)

Is this what the NVC wants?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Raven
10-11-10, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I am the petitioner for an F3 visa (Daughter + Spouse + 5 Children).
My income does not meet the poverty guidelines so I will have my son(lives outside of household) who is a USC fill one out as well to be a joint sponsor.

Please correct me if I am wrong:
-----------------------
QUESTION 1:
-----------------------
- I(petitioner) will have to fill out an I864.(No need for my wife to fill out an I864A because only my income will be counted as she's unemployed)
- My son(only joint sponsor) will have to fill out an I864.(No need for his spouse to fill out an I864A because only his income will be counted as she's unemployed)
?
-----------------------
QUESTION 2:
-----------------------
The joint sponsor will sponsor everyone who's immigrating as his income is 100K+. However I am unclear on the following fields:

8. I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above.
9. I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2 above. Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.

Here's how I answered them on the respective i864s.

Petitioner's I864: (Total # sponsored = 7)
Joint Sponsor's I864: (Total # sponsored = 7)

Basically the same for both I864s. Am I correct in doing so?
-----------------------
QUESTION 3:
-----------------------
In the instructions it states to photocopy the I864 for each intending immigrant as per paragraph 3 in the "Do I Need to Submit a Separate Affidavit for Each Family Member?" question.

(Petitioner to make 6 copies + original) + (Joint Sponsor to make 6 copies + original) = a total of 12 I864s

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Q1 Yes
Q2 Yes
Q3 Your I-1864s need 1 copy of your supporting documents, the Joint Sponsor's I-864s need 1 copy of his supporting documents.

imike1981
10-11-10, 07:29 PM
Yes I will provide 1 copy the supporting documents for each the petitioner's I864 and the joint sponsor's I864.

Thank you very much "Raven". I've read a lot of your posts as I was filling out the applications pertaining to my case. You've helped many people, all is appreciated.

Regards,
Mike

imike1981
10-11-10, 07:37 PM
-----------------------
QUESTION 3:
-----------------------

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Correction: A total of 14 I864s
2 original I864s from the petitioner and joint sponsor and 6 copies for each(6 derivative immigrants) which brings the total to 14.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum